Malta, NY, March 12, 2015 – The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to introduce www.bpi.org for consumers, a new interactive website designed to educate homeowners on the value of home performance energy upgrades and the quality of contractors who have earned the BPI GoldStar credential.
“As a national non-profit organization, BPI has long worked behind the scenes, developing technical standards and professional credentials for the home performance and weatherization workforce,” said Larry Zarker, BPI CEO. “Many stakeholders in our network have called for us to be more visible to American homeowners and the public. Today BPI took another major step toward that goal, aiming for widespread consumer recognition of the BPI brand.”
The website builds upon BPI’s existing national consumer campaign that includes Google Adwords text and image ads to drive consumers to www.bpi.org. Last year’s average monthly page views of BPI’s homeowner page increased more than 150 percent over 2013 page views, and average visitors to our contractor zip code locator tool grew more than 90 percent during the same period. Additional consumer outreach includes partnerships with Hanley Wood media, AARP, Porch.com and other organizations, and a BPI presence at last year’s national STEM festival.
To go directly to BPI’s existing industry pro website, go to www.bpi.org/pros.aspx. You can also toggle easily between both websites by clicking on the yellow sunburst in the upper right hand corner.
The website www.bpi.org provides viewers with a bevy of resources to help them better understand the benefits of home performance upgrades:
- An interactive home energy quiz tool. Viewers enter their street address and within one minute get an estimate of their own home’s energy saving potential
- A zip code contractor locator tool, where viewers enter their zip code to find BPI GoldStar Contractors near them
- An in-depth video showcasing homeowner perspectives on home performance upgrades
- Case studies illustrating home performance success stories from around the country
- Links to state-by-state resources on discounts, rebates and other incentives to help homeowners pay for energy upgrades
- Educational articles and other multimedia from industry experts
About the Building Performance Institute
BPI is the nation’s premier building performance credentialing, quality assurance and standards setting organization. BPI develops technical standards using an open, transparent, consensus-based process built on sound building science. From these standards, we develop professional certifications for individuals, companywide credentials for BPI GoldStar Contractors, home energy rating systems and quality assurance services that help raise the bar in home performance contracting. BPI is approved by the American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) as an accredited developer of American National Standards and as a certifying body for personnel credentials.
For more information on BPI, visit www.bpi.org.