As a leader in whole house performance contracting we provide scientifically backed audits using the latest diagnostic tools and reporting software. Utilizing government and community programs we help you get rebates and financing for your energy efficient upgrades to your home. Below are some of the services we offer to provide you with a one call solution to making your home healthier, more durable and energy efficient. Often contractors are excellent in what they do. But the trades do not consider how their work interacts with others.
Our whole house approach treats the house as a system. Careful analysis of how each change to one component affects the house as a whole is critical in assuring that no harm is done to the occupants and the house. The audit process tells us precisely what needs to be done. The test-out step assures that the measures taken worked. Quality assurance is a top priority. Results are guaranteed. Energy savings will be at least 25%, often much more. Call us today to find out how we can help you.
Services provided to make your home energy efficient, more durable and healthier.
The Home Performance Assessment is the first and most critical step. This identifies the issues with the home when evaluating the “house as a system”.
This step includes the following:
- Visual inspection of the building and complete evaluation and identification of the thermal and pressure envelope
- Diagnostic testing of the entire building using the blower door and infrared camera
- Identifying the major air leaks and bypasses in the home
- Health and safety assessment to identify possible hazards
- Comprehensive testing of all combustion appliances
- Heating system inspection, evaluation, and efficiency test
- Duct testing to find leaks and system air flow imbalances
- A work proposal with savings potential for each item
- Utility bill analysis will guide you as to where cuts in energy consumption can be made. You also will be provided with a report as to how you compare with your neighbors.
- We will provide you with a complete report of the audit’s findings. This will prioritize and plan your steps to making your home more efficient, healthier and more durable.
To schedule your assessment, call the office at 855 641-3300 It is that simple!
Building envelope evaluation:
- Our blower door test shows leaks in your building envelope. We can seal these leaks, which increases your energy savings and indoor air quality.
- Infrared thermography is used to help us “see” what is behind the walls, floors and roof. Energy losses and water problems can be quickly located.
- Crawlspace encapsulation, basement or garage air sealing or depressurization– This prevents uncontrolled air infiltration, pollutants, and moisture from entering your home. Window Replacemen t– Upgrading your windows to triple paned low E argon filled windows will drastically reduce air and noise infiltration and reduce energy consumption.Window repair, Storm Window
- Ice Dam Prevention and Remediation
- Attic insulation – we recommend blown –in loose insulation. This insulation will fill all the little cavities and create a tight blanket over the attic floor. We use either loose fiberglass or cellulose. When using cellulose we only use 100% borate impregnated cellulose insulation for attics. Most contractors giving lower prices will use a blended product which is 25% aluminum sulfate. A blended insulation will off gas obnoxious gasses if any moisture is present. Loose blown insulation is only used in attics with minimal storage area and no mechanical equipment. Air sealing of the attic floor is critical for any any insulation to meet the R-Value expected.
- Spray Foam is used for new construction and additions to provide maximum R-Value. It is the best value over the long run. Flat roofs are protected and insulated with closed cell foam.
- Retro Foam is used for walls in existing homes where insulation is deteriorated or inadequate. This hi R-Value foam is injected into the wall from the outside without disturbing the interior.
Mechanical Systems Evaluation and Tested:
- Mechanical systems are evaluated and tested. Replacements are installed by BPI certified heating and air conditioning technicians.
- Ductless mini-split heat inverters offer maximum savings and comfort without the cost of installing duct work. These efficient units will provide heat, air filtration, dehumidification and air conditioning.
- Heating and Cooling Systems – Normally a smaller more efficient heater and air conditioner can be installed that will heat or cool your home with less temperature variances and less utility bills.
- Duct Sealing – Our duct blaster test and smoke test will determine where and how many leaks there are in your system. The average home has 30% duct leakage.
- Duct Replacement – When necessary, we will replace your whole duct system to lower leakage and better balance your air flow. Often duct sizing is incorrect or dampers are needed to balance the air distribution between rooms. Whole House Air Filtration – In some homes indoor air quality can be 3 times worse than outdoor air, without proper air filtration from air particles and pollen. Residential ventilation is overlooked yet critical in maintaining a healthy indoor air quality. We offer customized solutions based on complete analysis of existing systems and occupant load coupled to the tested natural air flow readings from the blower door air leakage test.
- If the home is already too tight we can install a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) to control the balance of filtered fresh intake air and removal of stale moist polluted air while maintaining high energy efficiency.
- Hot Water Systems – We can suggest and install either: highly efficient conventional water heaters, solar, heat pump water heater or a Tankless/ water heaters for both your home and your pool.
- Pipe Insulation – We can insulate your hot water pipes and water heater to improve efficiency.
- Electrical and water systems
- Lighting Retrofits–We can make suggestions and replacement of existing lights that will reduce your energy consumption. As a licensed electrical contractor we can help with any lighting designs and improvements.
- Renewable Energy – From solar to wind we can do it all. We can design and install a photovoltaic (PV) system that generates clean, free electricity. Where space allows, enough panels can be installed that will make your meter spin backwards, giving you credit with your local utility company. There are now home wind turbines that can generate free electricity for your home or business.
- Water Management– We can install highly efficient showerheads and dual flush toilets that reduce water consumption.
- Xeriscaping refers to the conservation of water through creative landscaping. Originally developed for drought-afflicted areas, the principles of xeriscaping today has an ever broadening appeal. With water now considered an expensive and limited resource, all landscaping projects, residential or commercial, can benefit from this alternative.
- Day lighting – Install skylights and solar light tubes that reduce electrical use.
Test Out Procedure:
- Test out procedure assures results
- Combustion safety testing is done before the audit and after any retrofit work. Our mantra is to DO NO HARM!
- Duct testing is done to evaluate the effectiveness of duct sealing
Benefits to expect:
- Lower energy costs 25% – 40% reduction
- Consistent temperature distribution throughout your home
- Better humidity control
- Proper ventilation
- Reduced drafts
- Improved indoor air quality
- Reduced noise levels 50-80% less
- Improved health and safety for your family
- Extended longevity of the home
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Increased house value
- Elimination of ice dams
- A report that gives a clear path to a healthy comfortable and energy efficient home.
- Utilizing government and community programs we help you get rebates and financing for your energy efficient upgrades to your home.
Other Services We Provide:
At Foam it Right we offer a complete set of solutions for all our client’s needs. We are the one stop shop for Energy Efficient Home Improvement!
- Kitchens including custom cabinets and cabinet refacing
- Interior and exterior painting, specializing in all levels of spray painting
- New Construction
- DIY Consulting Services
- Mediation in contract disputes
- Purchasing Advice
- Low Income Weatherization and Tax Credit Modeling
- Heating and Air Conditioning maintenance plans and service
- Landscaping design and installation
- Masonry services specializing in custom stone work and patios