Home Energy Solutions
Do you ever wonder how much energy you lose through leaky doors, windows and ductwork? Do you suspect that your insulation isn’t making the grade? What about your major appliances? Wouldn’t it be great if you could have an expert give your home an energy analysis? You can. With support from the Fund, you can receive these valuable energy-efficiency services.
Home Doctor of America is an authorized vendor to the Connecticut statewide program called Home Energy Solutions. This program is funded through a charge on your electric and/or natural gas monthly bill and is administered by Connecticut Light and Power and The United Illuminating Company.
Our customers have been benefiting from the energy saving work that we performed and it is never too late for you to join your neighbors to start saving money and energy.
What are the benefits of having a Home Energy Solutions visit?
- Save money on your energy bills. Lower your annual energy bills by 20-40% and realize the full efficiency of your heating and cooling equipment while getting a return on your investment.
- Take advantage of government incentives and potential energy tax deductions for energy improvements.
- Increase your home’s resale value and marketability.
- Increase your home’s comfort in summer and winter.
- Uncover hidden problems. Get peace of mind that your home is safe and healthy.
- Help the environment by reducing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Invest in a sure money-maker. Your list of improvements should save more on your energy bills than they will cost when financed.
What does a Home Energy Solutions visit include?
Our team of certified energy specialists will come to your home for a 4-6 hours visit. It all begins with a walk through assessment to check the home’s energy efficiency, health and safety. Once done, the team will set up their blower door and begin to actually seal those leaks. This program is far more than just an energy audit and walk through. The certified energy specialists will tackle those energy projects you haven’t had the time to get to, like sealing up the cracks and air leaks in your home. All or most of the following will be addressed at your home:
Contractor energy assessment services may include the following:
- A blower-door test which pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks. After they are found, the contractor will professionally seal them during the visit.
- A duct test to assess air leaks within the ductwork system. The technician will seal those significant leaks.
- Hot water-saving measures including low-flow shower-heads and faucet aerators will be installed.
- Rebates for qualifying central air conditioning systems and for replacement of certain inefficient appliances with qualifying energy-efficient models.
- Installation of energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Incentives for insulation upgrades
- A ‘kitchen table wrap-up’ where the technical will review the work that was done in your home and tell you about additional resources that can help you save energy and money.