Home Performance with Energy Star
Home Performance with Energy Star is an energy assessment guided by BPI and RESNET and Energy Star standards by certified BPI building and envelope specialists
- Visual inspection of the building and complete evaluation and identification of the thermal envelope
- Diagnostic testing of the entire building using the blower door and infrared camera
- Identifying the major air leaks and bypasses in the home
- Health and safety assessment to identify possible hazards
- Comprehensive testing of all combustion appliances
- Heating system inspection, evaluation, and efficiency test
- A detailed report summary of our findings
- A work proposal with savings potential for each item
Click on image above to sign up today
Home Doctor of America offers the following energy efficiency programs.
- BPI Audits — A complete energy audit to evaluated the safety of the home, the indoor air quality and the energy efficiency.
- RESNET – A directory service to provide qualified and certified home performance contractors.
- HERS – Home Energy Rater Services. Used mainly for energy modeling new homes. Soon this rating will be required to be part of the home’s MLS listing.
- LEED – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. A LEED program rates the “green” factor in building materials and design.
- RESNET Energy Smart Contractor — Our remodeling division follows energy smart policies using green products and sustainable materials.
- HPwES – Home Performance with Energy Star. A set of standards by the Environmental Protection Agency to bring your home to a more energy efficient state.
Auditing Tools or Reports available through Home Doctor of America.
- Snugg Home — A leading energy auditing software program to guide you in bringing your home to maximum energy efficiency.
- Home Energy Yardstick — Compare your household’s energy use to others across the country and get recommendations for improvement using the Energy Star Home Energy Yardstick.