Why Should I consider Spray Foam Insulation (SPF?)
Spray foam insulation isone of the most technologically advanced insulation systems available today. SPF or Spray Polyurethane Foam is a two component liquid that is heated, pressurized, and dlivered from or truck to your home through a 300+ foot hose assembly, terminating in a mixing gun. The two components are applied as liquid in the cavity which quickly swells up to 100 times its volume to form polyurethan foam insulation. SPF has the following advantages over most other types of insulation commerically available on the market today.
- SPF can reduce heating and cooling costs by as much as 60%
- SPF expands to fill tiny hole, and penetrations around pipes, wiring, and ducts
- SPF reduces dust accumulation and improves overall indoor air quality
- SPF is excellent for sound deadening and reducing transmission of noise between floors, through walls, or from any roomor part of the building to another
- SPF is naturally water, mold, mildew and pest resistant & improves the overall indoor environment.
- SPF does not support the growth of mold and prevents condensation in the building assembly, which leads to mold and mildew.
- SPF prevents ice dams on your roof because it doesn’t allow warm air to melt the bottom layer of the snow sitting onyour roof and at the eaves, which typically results in a water backup which finds penetrations in the roof structure and leads to catastrophic leaks. Water damage, and mold
- SPF has an excellent return on investment of all energy improvements. A SPF application typically pays for itself in reduced heating and cooling costs, in a period of 2-5 years, and as low as >1 year with state, federal and utility company rebates.
- SPF is inert and non-toxic. It does not emit significant levels of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- SPF does not settle or degrade over time, even if it gets wet.
- SPF is the only insulation system approved for un-vented attic assemblies. See our resources page for more on this.
- SPF insulation is critical in reducing your home’s air leakage and reduces greenhouse gas emissions and your resulting carbon
footprint• SPF is code approved by the ICC (International Code Council) • SPF has a myriad of uses, including but not limited to the following:
- Air sealing
- Foundation waterproofing
- Noise/ sound control
- Marine flotation
- Duct insulation & sealant
- Commercial refrigeration application
- Structural reinforcement
The spray polyurethane foam that Home Doctor of America installs is energy star certified, and tax rebates and incentives are available, bringing down the cost of the installation and resulting in a faster return on investment
The fact of the matter is that Spray Foam Insulation works, and it works better than any other insulation material on the market. Installing SPF insulation in your home or building will reduce your heating and cooling costs, and provide a durable, comfortable structure. While we believe there are a multitude of builders and contractors in business across the country, with widely varying opinions as to what is the best way to seal and insulate your building, Home Doctor of America can explain all the air sealing and insulating options available to you and educate you on why SPF insulation is the right choice. Call us today at (855)641-3300 , or click on the contact us tab on the homepage to find out how you can go green and save energy, courtesy of Home Doctor of America.